The following requirements are found in the Zoning and Building By-Laws of the member municipalities of the Cypress Planning District:
"A written Development and or Building Permit shall be obtained by the owner or his agent for the excavation, erection, alteration, reconstruction, removal, demolition, repair, placement, conversion, addition or installation to any building, structure, prior to the commencement of any work."
Further outline specifics are as follows:
An application for a development permit is required for the following:
- The erection or construction or placement of any building, structure or mobile home, except fences and ornamental light standards;
- The Addition, extensions, structural alterations or conversions of any building or structure;
- The use of vacant land, buildings or structures.
- The change of use of land, buildings or structures;
- The clearing of certain types of land as specified in this by-law;
- The drainage and irrigation of all lands;
- The development of sand, gravel, and mineral extraction operations
Structure: Anything constructed or erected with a fixed location on or below the ground, or attached to something having a fixed location on the ground and includes buildings, walls, fences,signs, billboards, poster panels, light standards and similar items.
Permit applications will be processed as received lack of required documentation or delay of receipts of documentation will delay processing of permit applications.
Smaller projects (E.g. small decks, sheds renovations) will usually only require a site drawing and brief/sketch drawing of construction details, but larger projects (e.g. Major renovations additions, larger detached buildings, single family homes, multifamily units and commercial or industrial structures) will require much more information to be supplied in order that a thorough review of the project can be conducted.